Monday 13 February 2012

NYFW: Ostwald Helgason


    Sea monsters, and bold stripes, and a 60s colour palette...OH MY! My first run-in with design house Ostwald Helgason, and I do believe I have a case of love at first sight. Well, 'tis the season after all.

    Taking inspiration from antique maps and Nordic seafaring tales, design duo Susanne Helgason and Invgar Ostwald showed a stellar fashion week debut presentation at Milk Studios yesterday. Sights to be seen: voluminous loose box pleated skirts, structured paneling on dresses, beautifully saturated prints, and some fabulous knits. Also present was that punchy orange that has made its way on many a catwalk this season. 

    The collection as a whole struck a perfect balance that appealed to my often conflicting sense of style; casual sportswear meets the fabulously bold. The epic battles present on sweatshirts, of course, augmented my admiration to obsession. And those striped trousers! I would be ready to take on any fearsome fabled sea creature for one of these pieces.
















(Photos via Style Bubble and Milk Made)

No comments:

Post a Comment