Thursday 9 February 2012

New Beginnings



    Apologies for my absence of late! I have not abandoned you I swear. On top of the fact that my internet has been down for the past few days, I have been busy in the search of New Beginnings. Yes, that's right; it has come time for this young 20-something to finally shed the securities and stagnancy that is a low-key retail job, and rush headlong into...well, into what is as of yet unconfirmed, but I shall keep you posted as developments develop. In the meantime, I have been keeping the Hurry-Up-and-Hire-Me blues at bay by mentally reciting a certain heartwarming Dr.Seuss piece, a mantra, if you will; Oh the Places I Will Go! Inspiration, people.

    Speaking of New Beginnings, it is that very special, crazy time once again...Fashion Week. As I am not an editor, stylist, Lady Gaga, or author of a cult-craze blog (seriously friends, let's start showing some BlogLovin' love, this blog ain't gonna hype itself up), I can actually be excited in a non-Holy-Crap-I've-Booked-5-Shows-In-20-Min! kind of way. This year, us non-industry folk even get live-stream footage of some of the runways. There has never been a better time to be a lover of fashion on the rise, but not quite at that first row (or really, anywhere near the Lincoln Centre for that matter).

    Another thing to look forward to this season is the International Fashion Showcase, which will take place during London Fashion Week. As a parallel celebration of camaraderie and excellence to London's hosting of the Olympics this year, 19 embassies and cultural institutes set forth over 80 of their most creative and anticipated emerging designers to be showcased over the course of the week. There is as much incitement in this event for me, as in seeing what new goodies my old favorites will present. I love a new face, and you will be sure to see many a Fashion Freshie on this blog in the weeks to come.

    Anyhow, enough inundation of text. It is probably best that I leave now, as I am taking up a coveted library study slot, and fear that I may fall victim to a Mid-Term-Madness attack. Oh how grand it is to be on the OTHER side of a hard-earned degree!

    So long for now!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment