Tuesday 18 October 2011

Literary Triumphs


Today the Man Booker Prize was awarded and although I often find myself submersed, and unable to tear myself away from the long list of literature past, it is all the same crucial to remain in the know of the bookish revolutionaries of our own time...

The Top Dog Title: Julian Barnes for his short novel, "The Sense of an Ending", which explores an individuals memory, and how we often amend the past in order to suit our own well-being.

Shortlisted Canadian compatriots: Patrick Dewitt's modern-classic Western "The Sisters Brothers", and Esi Edugyan's "Half Blood Blues", a tale of music, race, sacrifice, and loyalty set during the Nazi reign.

Seems as though I may have a few new items to add to my fall reading list...

No comments:

Post a Comment